25.4.12

Review ][ Deadly Little Secret

Title ][ Deadly Little Secret
Author ][ Laurie Faria Stolarz
Chapters (Summary) ][ link
Rating ][


I'm trying to get back into the habit of reviewing, so bear with me because I may be a little rusty. So... Deadly Little Secret. I just finished this book today, and throughout the whole book I kept thinking "This is so predictable!" yet I couldn't put the stupid thing down! It was really fun to read, and a great break from the tome that is Game of Thrones.

However, the ending was totally predictable. I guessed who the creepy stalker was on page 20, yet that didn't ruin the book. I still loved reading about the characters (who were a tad unrealistic at times) and seeing how they developed over the course of the novel. And Ben. Ben is my new boyfriend. I have a "boyfriend" in every chick flick (er... book) I read, and he is totally it. At the beginning, he seemed like your typical too cool for school type of guy, but there were times where I genuinely wanted to hug him and tell him everything was going to be alright. I also found that I could relate to the main character Camelia, and now I want her job (she works at a pottery shop).

Deadly Little Secrets was catchy, had an okay plot and interesting characters, but I think the thing that really made this book for me was the horror aspect. The creepy parts literally scared me, and I found myself thinking that I would react exactly as Camelia did. It was really intense. If Stolarz's romance novels have this effect on me, then I can't wait to read her horror novels! Unfortunaly, Project 17 was sold out last time I went to Chapters and I'm currently hiding from the library so it may have to wait a while.

Why 3 kernels? This book was a ton of fun to read, but didn't really have any substance. The plot was simple, as was the writing, but the characters were still really fun to read about. And the scary scenes were legitimately creepy, and I don't get creeped out very easily (my hobbies include watching shows such as Ghost Adventures and Marble Hornets, and reading the scariest books I can get my hands on). All in all, a nice fluff-and-puff novel that would be great for teen girls that don't really like reading.

On a side note, I got the rest of this series for my birthday and can't wait to read it!

][ Midelaye

No comments:

Post a Comment