29.6.11

Hello!

Hello! I'm Midelaye, and avid reader. This blog was born of my need for good books, to remember which books I've read, and  to know and share what I thought of them. You see, I read tons of books. Almost all my waking moments are spent with my nose in a book, and all my sleeping moments are spent dreaming about characters or worlds I've read about. And since I knew I'd be doing nothing this summer except lying around on the couch playing on my laptop, I figured I may as well do something semi-productive. Hence, this blog was created.

So, a little bit more about me. I'm a teenage girl and I read almost exclusively YA fiction. No, I'm not a rapid fangirl of that Twilight series most my peers call a "totally awe~some novel!". My tastes run more towards dystopian, horror, rip-your-guts-out werewolves, and the occasional twisted fairytale.You may be wondering what my favourite books are. Well, here's a list. I'd rate all of these books five stars, but I probably won't do a full review because I can't remember my initial reaction to them. There are more but I can't think of them right now. Sorry ^^;
  • The Hunger Games Series [Suzanne Collins]
  • The Maze Runner Series (I'll review Death Cure when it comes out) [James Dashner]
  • Eon (I'll review Eona when I finally get it) [Alison Goodman]
  • The Sisters Red [Jackson Pearce]
  • Terrier and Bloodhound [Tamora Pierce]
  • Graceling [Kristin Cashore]
  • The Killer Unicorn Series [Diana Peterfruend]
Why popcorn? Because I love popcorn. And I just can't manage to put it down until the bowl is empty, just like a good book.

What else should you know about me? I ride horses and also draw. I may post some fan-art sketches here as well as reviews.

Welcome to Popcorn Paperbacks!

No comments:

Post a Comment